Rich in detail, very well-written and easy to read, Rum Curious is poised to be an essential Rum manual for bartenders and rum lovers.
Who would you recommend this book to?
– Rum Curious is poised to be an essential drinks manual for those who desire to understand rum: bartenders, cocktail experts, at-home cocktail enthusiasts and those seeking to enhance their knowledge in rum history, present and future.
When was this book published?
– June 2017
Who is the author?
– Fred Minnick is the author of Rum Curious Book. He lives in Louisville, Ky., and has authored six books, including a Wall Street Journal bestseller, a ForeWord Reviews Gold winner and Spirited Award winner. He writes for international periodicals.
So, what’s so special about this book?
– Rum is the most versatile and varied spirit in the world. It is consumed neat as a sipping drink, on the rocks, and in a dizzying variety of cocktails like the mai tai, mojito, and pina colada. In Rum Curious, author Fred Minnick :
- first takes the reader on a whirlwind tour of the world of rum (short history and origins)
- describes its many styles (unaged, aged, dark, agricole, solera, flavored, Gargano’s proposed categories)
- refers to the rules and regulations and explains a great variety of
– maturing processes (ageing)
- highlights distillers and distilleries
- teaches the reader about tasting rum, revealing the experience offered by brands ranging from the familiar to the unusual and obscure
- gives tips to identify sugared-up rums
- provides recipes for
– classic and
– innovative rum cocktails from around the world.
Rum Curious is the one book the reader will need to understand and appreciate rum in all its glorious variety. You have to read it. Seriously.