Cezar Ritz cocktail is one of the main reasons why I always have enough spare Plymouth gin on the shelves of my back-bar. This magnificent distillate, at 41.2 % alcohol by volume, from the Black Friars Distillery gives a very interesting character to this full of botanical freshness cocktail. I found this recipe inside the fabulous book of Tony Abou Ganim: Modern Mixologist – Contemporary Classic Cocktails. So here it is:
- 60 ml (2 oz) Plymouth gin
- 30 ml (1 oz) St-Germain elderflower liquer
- 30 ml (1 oz) fresh lime juice
- 6 chunks of peeled English cucumber
- 10-12 fresh spearmint leaves
In a mixing glass, add St-Germain and cucumber. Crush the cucumber chunks with a pestle and add all the rest ingredients. Shake well with a lot of ice and double strain into a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with three very thin slices of cucumber.